Friday, October 12, 2007

Weekend Travels and Fun

Last weekend was Dallas' "bye" weekend, meaning it's the only weekend that he does not have a football game during the season. I don't know how Dallas does it all. Being a student athlete is tough and this break was well deserved. We were fortunate enough to have a very eventful weekend! We spent most of the time relaxing in beautiful Park City. The hotel we stayed in was very nice and we really enjoyed the half indoor/ half outdoor pool!

On Saturday we drove up to Pocatello, Idaho to celebrate my grandpa Bob's 90th birthday! He and my Gram are wonderous with their good health. It was so great to see them and to visit my birthplace! Dallas and I even stopped at one of our family favorites--Tasty Treat for a "Space Burger" and "Boston Shake"... delicious! One thing we weren't expecting was driving up in the first (and way too early in the season) snowstorm! Our windshield wipers broke, and it was an adventure making it up to Pokey!

My dad and Brett flew in from California for my grandpa's birthday. I was so happy to see them, but the real treat came when they visited us at our apartment for a few hours. We had a blast with them here. We all decided to play a little Guitar Hero--we never knew Dad was such a great rocker! It was a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Lance and Becky said...

Rock on Tom! He's so funny, I love the picture Suz!

Jennie said...

Definitelty a weekend to remember! I think we should blow up that picture of Dad and have it framed!

Steelefamily said...

That is a great pic of your dad! I love it.